Topics

#Saxony-Anhalt #Saxony #Prussia #Saxony #Prussia #Saxony-Anhalt

kuehned@...

Greetings! I'm hoping someone can help with the brick wall trying to track down my husband's German ancestors in Europe. I'm hoping to find other Kuehne/Kühne and Sprötte relatives, since all of my husband's family has no idea of anyone else who might be related.

In Family Search, I have found Valentin Kühne & Maria Sprötte with 2 sons. August Wilhelm was born 19 July 1859 and was given the surname Sprötte at baptism. Son Herman Albert was born 22 May 1865 and given the surname Kühne at baptism. Both boys were baptized in Burg, Jerichow I, Sachsen, Preußen. (His parents obviously married sometime between the birth of their sons.)  Maria Sprötte was also baptized in Kreis Jerichow I, per Family Search records.

Valentin, wife Marie, mother Marie and son Wilhelm were aboard the ship "Valley Forge", arriving in the US on 1 December 1865, per the "German to America" series. The family ended up in Iowa before Valentin's death in 1883.

Thanks in advance,
Deb Kuehne