Topics

Rose, Deutch Krone, West Prussia 1826

Mary Jane Kuntschik

I'm trying to find birth certificate for Andreas Schuhmann b. 8 Nov 1826 in Kappe, and baptized Catholic, in Rose,  Deutsch Krone, on 17 December 1826.  Parents were Anton Schuhmann and Anna Elizabeth Zahn.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Mary Jane

davidrli@...

G’day Mary Jane

Prussia only started civil registration in 1874 so you won’t get a birth certificate for Andreas; the best you’ll get would be a baptism certificate if the parish registers (OPR) survived WWII.  The fact that the LDS haven’t filmed the OPR suggests that they didn’t.

In 1961, the LDS did microfilm the land records for Deutsch Krone and these have now been digitised and are available on Family Search and can be viewed from home (for free).

< https://www.familysearch.org/search/catalog/306046?availability=Family%20History%20Library >

The school records for Deutsch Krone were filmed in 1967 and have also been digitised.

< https://www.familysearch.org/search/catalog/424923?availability=Family%20History%20Library >

The fact that the LDS have digitised the above two sets of records for Deutsch Krone when they still have thousands of BDM microfilms in their catalogue also suggests that the OPR haven’t survived (or their whereabouts is unknown).

Regards

David Armstrong

Maylands

Western Australia

I'm trying to find birth certificate for Andreas Schuhmann b. 8 Nov 1826 in Kappe, and baptized Catholic, in Rose,  Deutsch Krone, on 17 December 1826.  Parents were Anton Schuhmann and Anna Elizabeth Zahn.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Mary Jane

P. David Doherty

On 13.08.2020 02:03, davidrli@... wrote:

Prussia only started civil registration in 1874 so you won’t get a birth certificate for Andreas; the best you’ll get would be a baptism certificate if the parish registers (OPR) survived WWII.  The fact that the LDS haven’t filmed the OPR suggests that they didn’t.
I've sent the baptism entry to Mary Jane and just wanted to add here that the OPR do in fact still exist. Most of the catholic OPR from Kreis Deutsch Krone are kept in the diocese archive in Koszalin, and nothing that resides in that archive has ever been filmed by the LDS.

--pdd

John Schwandt

I’m another seeker in old kreis Deutsch Krone. Where village records are notoriously difficult to come by, but we live in hope.

          My best breakthrough was courtesy of a wonderful human being on a predecessor list years ago (Stephan Ruckel I barely recall) who showed me how a key 1870 record from my ancestral village church had miraculously survived & been LDS-filmed, because for a period of some years they were associated with parish Lubin rather than Tutz.

Any lister who has intelligence about Emilienthal, Preussendorf & Eichfier villages in Deutsch Krone: please to be in touch!

A longstanding site with an admirable host, some good tips, also much context & general interest has been “Back to the Roots in Deutsch Krone” by Joachim Schultz.

‘Has been’ because I don’t think I’ve seen updates for some years now.          http://www.deutsch-krone.com/

Mary Jane, I see a sub-link to your village Rose under the link “Orte/Locations” on that main page.

Good greetings, & good luck, to you.

John Schwandt       Winnipeg.

I'm trying to find birth certificate for Andreas Schuhmann b. 8 Nov 1826 in Kappe, and baptized Catholic, in Rose,  Deutsch Krone, on 17 December 1826.  Parents were Anton Schuhmann and Anna Elizabeth Zahn.

_._,_._,_

Nanette

Hello!
This is the first time I have seen anyone from Kappe, Deutsch Krone!  My grandmother was born there!  Her name was Clara Falkenberg.  Her father Theodor Gustav Falkenberg. Her mother was Auguste Wilhelmia Maria Mathilda Wenzel however she may have been born in Rosenfeld. If you have any records from either of these towns I would appreciate you sharing them.
Thank you!
Nanette Johnston

with apologies  for misspelled words.