Topics

pronounciation of names

elangreen@...

My great-grandmother Kunigunda Mueller  had her name correctly spelled on her passenger list.  But on the census records she is called Kunigunda, Christine and Catherine.

E Green
Annapolis, MD

Alice Savoie Conklin

My ancestor, whose first name was Kunigunda, was born in 1735, and arrived to America in 1752.  Kunigunda Lang(e)/Langin, who married Christoph Weissenbacher, was known as Constance or Constant on these shores.  The name Kunigunda with its various spellings has an interesting history, but became increasingly uncommon.  For instance, see behindthename.com

Alice Conklin
Irving, TX

--
Alice Savoie Conklin