Topics

Pauly/Pauli Family #Prussia

Gayle Pauly

I have just found a notation that might lead to my Pauly family coming from Waldrach.
Joannes, Augustus, Susanna, Peter and Joseph all came over together and landed in Western New York around 1850's.
Can some one help lookup their records in Waldrach?
Gayle Pauly

W David Samuelsen

Waldrach is east of Trier, and that just east of Luxembourg.

Waldrach records are online. You need FamilySearch account to do the search.

unless you are non-member living in Europe - restricted "Access in Europe limited to members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints."

David Samuelsen

On Tue, Mar 31, 2020 at 7:55 AM Gayle Pauly <pauly@...> wrote:
I have just found a notation that might lead to my Pauly family coming from Waldrach.
Joannes, Augustus, Susanna, Peter and Joseph all came over together and landed in Western New York around 1850's.
Can some one help lookup their records in Waldrach?
Gayle Pauly

W David Samuelsen

Indexed up to 1798, no Pauli or Pauly or Paulin, but tons of Paulissen. Very typical so quite likely the subsequent generations would drop "sen" to be Pauli or Pauly or Paulin. After 1798, not indexed you will need to search the records for them.

David Samuelsen

On Tue, Mar 31, 2020 at 8:29 AM W David Samuelsen via Groups.Io <sammyslc=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
Waldrach is east of Trier, and that just east of Luxembourg.

Waldrach records are online. You need FamilySearch account to do the search.

unless you are non-member living in Europe - restricted "Access in Europe limited to members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints."

David Samuelsen

On Tue, Mar 31, 2020 at 7:55 AM Gayle Pauly <pauly@...> wrote:
I have just found a notation that might lead to my Pauly family coming from Waldrach.
Joannes, Augustus, Susanna, Peter and Joseph all came over together and landed in Western New York around 1850's.
Can some one help lookup their records in Waldrach?
Gayle Pauly

Gayle Pauly

What would be the appropriate Hashtag for Waldrach?
Gayle

[...]

I would need the birth dates of these siblings in order to do search.

David S.

On Tue, Mar 31, 2020 at 8:33 AM W David Samuelsen <sammyslc@...> wrote:
[...]

Lila Garner

You have to go through the church books, page by page, to find the people you’re looking for.

On Mar 31, 2020, at 9:43 AM, W David Samuelsen <sammyslc@...> wrote:

[...]

David, here is what I have with most of the Pauly variations in spelling.

1855 NY Census Index:

Joannes Pauly (Pauli, Powley Paule) born 1819-21

Susanna Pauly (Pauli, Powley Paule) born 1805-06 +-

Augustus Pauly (Pauli, Powley Paule) born 1806-07+-

Peter Pauly (Pauli, Powley, Paule) born 1836-37+-

Joseph Pauly (Pauli, Powley, Paule) born 1840-41+-

Anna Marie Pauly (Pauli, Powley, Paule) born 1845-46+-

Much appreciation if you have the time to look these up in Waldrach area.

Gayle Pauly

[...]

John Schwandt

Just a tag-on add-on to your discussion:  another possible variation on the name PAULI may have occurred in a branch of my family; the surname was POLLEI in Prussia, then morphed to the slightly-more-Anglo POLLEY, for at least some of the descendants, after emigration to the USA.

John Schwandt      Winnipeg

[...]

The neighboring parishes tend to overlap. Kastel Stadt is one, just north of Waldrach (my folks are in Kastel), Thomm, Riveris, Morscheid, Korlingen and the west is none other than the City of Trier.

David Samuelsen

On Tue, Mar 31, 2020 at 4:39 PM W David Samuelsen <sammyslc@...> wrote:
[...]

Charles LeBreton

So you need a willing friend in LDS. That may not be too hard??? Good luck. See the previous link re FS Historical records. Regards Charles Le Breton

Elizabeth Kraus

How does this affect those of us in Australia and New Zealand, David?
Kind regards
Elizabeth

Sent: Wednesday, April 01, 2020 1:29 AM

Waldrach is east of Trier, and that just east of Luxembourg.

Waldrach records are online. You need FamilySearch account to do the search.

unless you are non-member living in Europe - restricted "Access in Europe limited to members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints."

David Samuelsen

On Tue, Mar 31, 2020 at 7:55 AM Gayle Pauly <pauly@...> wrote:
I have just found a notation that might lead to my Pauly family coming from Waldrach.
Joannes, Augustus, Susanna, Peter and Joseph all came over together and landed in Western New York around 1850's.
Can some one help lookup their records in Waldrach?
Gayle Pauly

Charles LeBreton

Hi Gayle. Site is not working at present because of David's hospital trip. Will try direct email - if you did not know Ancestry currently has free access I think its called to American National Database. No idea what this includes.

Best of luck. Regards Charles Le Breton

On 1/04/2020 8:12 am, Gayle Pauly wrote:

[...]

davidrli@...

G’day Elizabeth

Access in Australia and New Zealand is exactly the same as from the microfilm days – you need to go to an LDS library.  Essentially, the Lutheran church stipulated to the LDS that they could microfilm their records and circulate the films through the LDS library network EXCEPT to those libraries in Europe.  If you live in Europe and need access, then you need to use the Lutheran archives (and be charged a fee for access).

The only thing that has changed is the medium, digital images instead of celluloid microfilms.  In an LDS library (when they’re open!) you have access to the their INTRAnet and can view digitised films that are not available over the INTERnet.

Regards

David Armstrong

Maylands

Western Australia

Sent: Wednesday, April 01, 2020 1:29 AM

Waldrach is east of Trier, and that just east of Luxembourg.

Waldrach records are online. You need FamilySearch account to do the search.

unless you are non-member living in Europe - restricted "Access in Europe limited to members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints."

David Samuelsen

Elizabeth Kraus

Belated thanks, David
Regards