Can anybody help me to find an obituary for  Mary Reichenberger who died on Sept. 2,1941. She lived in Mascoutah, St. Clair, Illinois. She was born on June 1855. Her husband, Jacob, died in 1917. Thanks for any help. Barb

Lila Garner

If you don’t get help here, there’s a FB group called Random Acts of Genealogical Kindness that finds obits among other things.

On Aug 27, 2020, at 1:55 PM, Barbara May via groups.io <bbmay2@...> wrote:

Can anybody help me to find an obituary for  Mary Reichenberger who died on Sept. 2,1941. She lived in Mascoutah, St. Clair, Illinois. She was born on June 1855. Her husband, Jacob, died in 1917. Thanks for any help. Barb

Phyllis Garratt

Barb, I found her obituary and will send it to you directly.

Phyllis Garratt

From: main@German-genealogy-ENG.groups.io [mailto:main@German-genealogy-ENG.groups.io] On Behalf Of Barbara May via groups.io
Sent: Thursday, August 27, 2020 11:56 AM
To: german-genealogy-eng@groups.io
Subject: [German-genealogy-ENG] obituary

Can anybody help me to find an obituary for  Mary Reichenberger who died on Sept. 2,1941. She lived in Mascoutah, St. Clair, Illinois. She was born on June 1855. Her husband, Jacob, died in 1917. Thanks for any help. Barb

Christine S

I hope this helps, Barbara. :)  If you need it converted to a  jpg image file, let me know.  I can do that too. :)
Christine Stout

On Thu, Aug 27, 2020 at 1:55 PM Barbara May via groups.io <bbmay2=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Can anybody help me to find an obituary for  Mary Reichenberger who died on Sept. 2,1941. She lived in Mascoutah, St. Clair, Illinois. She was born on June 1855. Her husband, Jacob, died in 1917. Thanks for any help. Barb

Marsha Ensminger

St. Louis Post-Dispatch, Thursday 4 Sep 1941, page 9C, col. 7

REICHENBERGER, Mrs. Mary -- Entered into rest in Mascoutah, Ill., beloved wife of the late Jacob Reichenberger, dear mother of Mrs. Rose Walsh, Mrs. Clara Hertz, and the late Joseph, Jacob, Mary and George Reichenberger, our dear mother-in-law, grandmother, great-grandmother and aunt.
Body will be at Leidner Chapel, 2223 St. Louis av., St. Louis, after 6 p. m. Thurs. evening.  Funeral Fri. Sept 5, 1941, 8:30, from Leidner Chapel to St. Michael's Church.  Interment Calvary Cemetery.

The Post-Dispatch obituaries were (and are) highly formulaic.  It's possible there was something more informative in a local newspaper.  You might try asking the St. Clair County history or genealogy societies, or a local library.

Marsha L. Ensminger marshaensminger@...

On Thursday, August 27, 2020, 11:55:53 AM PDT, Barbara May via groups.io <bbmay2@...> wrote:

Can anybody help me to find an obituary for  Mary Reichenberger who died on Sept. 2,1941. She lived in Mascoutah, St. Clair, Illinois. She was born on June 1855. Her husband, Jacob, died in 1917. Thanks for any help. Barb

Barbara McStowe

Thank you for sharing this information!