Judy (Wanderer) Petersen

Lila Garner

Google  Geogen and Christoph Stoepel. Maybe Cristof. Maybe 2 p’s in Stoeppel. 🙂

On Jun 13, 2020, at 7:59 PM, judy petersen <skigranny@...> wrote:

Hi listers,
I remember seeing a website where one can search for the density of various surnames in Germany &/or in the larger Prussia/German empire.  I can't find that website "address".  Can someone on the list email it to me?  I'm trying to help my eye doctor research her unusual German name without knowing the village where they originated.  Thanks for any help.
Judy (Wanderer) Petersen

John Cordes

From: main@German-genealogy-ENG.groups.io <main@German-genealogy-ENG.groups.io> on behalf of Lila Garner via groups.io <lilagarner@...>
Sent: June 13, 2020 10:02 PM
To: main@german-genealogy-eng.groups.io <main@german-genealogy-eng.groups.io>; skigranny@... <skigranny@...>
Subject: Re: [German-genealogy-ENG] need help with a website

CAUTION: The Sender of this email is not from within Dalhousie.
Google  Geogen and Christoph Stoepel. Maybe Cristof. Maybe 2 p’s in Stoeppel. 🙂

On Jun 13, 2020, at 7:59 PM, judy petersen <skigranny@...> wrote:

Hi listers,
I remember seeing a website where one can search for the density of various surnames in Germany &/or in the larger Prussia/German empire.  I can't find that website "address".  Can someone on the list email it to me?  I'm trying to help my eye doctor research her unusual German name without knowing the village where they originated.  Thanks for any help.
Judy (Wanderer) Petersen

John Cordes

Also without the legacy.html part:

 John

CAUTION: The Sender of this email is not from within Dalhousie.

John

CAUTION: The Sender of this email is not from within Dalhousie.
Google  Geogen and Christoph Stoepel. Maybe Cristof. Maybe 2 p’s in Stoeppel. 🙂

On Jun 13, 2020, at 7:59 PM, judy petersen <skigranny@...> wrote:

Hi listers,
I remember seeing a website where one can search for the density of various surnames in Germany &/or in the larger Prussia/German empire.  I can't find that website "address".  Can someone on the list email it to me?  I'm trying to help my eye doctor research her unusual German name without knowing the village where they originated.  Thanks for any help.
Judy (Wanderer) Petersen

judy petersen

Thank you.  I appreciate the help.  I tried the website for my doctor's surname & it did not register, although it gave 3 possible variations.  I will send her the website so she can search with whatever name variations she has.
Thanks again.