Topics

Need help determining correct family

JAN Banevich

Hello,

I have been searching for the family of Magdalena Fröhlich b. 7 Feb 1876 Offenbach, Hesse, Germany. She married Karl Insel b. 11 May 1877 Lich, Hesse, Germany. Magdalena’s parents were Wilhelm Fröhlich and Marie Knieriem. Besides Magdalena, they had 5 other children which included Louise and Jacob and Wilhelm.

I thought I found a whole family tree for her but, the tree only descends down to what may be her maternal grandfather Philipp Knieriem (no wife). I have a marriage record for a Wilhelm Fröhlich and ANNA MARIA Knieriem her parents are Philipp Knieriem married to Eva Elisabeth Ockin/Orkin. I have found birth records for 4 children for this Wilhelm Fröhlich and ANNA MARIA Knieriem. The children’s names were Adam, Magdalena b. 1867 (different year and died at 3 yrs.) Elisabeth and Wilhelm. No Louise or Jacob (or I couldn’t find them ). All four list the mother as ANNA Maria.

My question is: Is my MARIE Knieriem married to Wilhelm Fröhlich the same one as ANNA MARIA Knieriem married to Wilhelm Fröhlich? All were living in Offenbach when children were born. But, My Magdalena’s birth record says Marie Knieriem for her mother

Any help is appreciated! Thanks,

Janice

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Glenn Schwartz

You were discussing a place name the other day. Here is a great site for that.

http://gov.genealogy.net/search/index

Glenn Schwartz

President, Zichydorf Village Association (http://zichydorfonline.org)
Searching: Schwartz, Kleckner, Schönherr in Zichydorf, Banat; Schüssler, Millecker, Lenhardt in Kudritz, Banat; Schwartz, Kory, Pierson/Person in Morawitza, Banat; Kalupsky/Chalupsky in Blumenthal, Banat; Bardua, Kandel, Heuchert in Kolomea, Galicia; Kuntz, Holzer, Kraft, Wolfe, Folk (Volk) in Kutschurgan, Russia; Macht in Volga, Russia.
Email: gschwartz@...
On 7/23/2020 5:10 PM, JAN Banevich wrote:

[...]

Colin & Karen Hayes

Hi Janice,

When you searched the birth records in Offrenbach, was it a website other than Ancestry. As I would like to search for mine in Offenbach, but not through Ancestry.

Cheers Karen

[...]

Andy Tereshyn

In the Offenbach-Hundheim Familienbuch I have Frohlich / Frohlig, Georg Jacob married to an Elisabeth Katharina Edrach with children, Maria Elisabeth born 23.03.1770 and Johann Nikolaus, born 11.12.1771.

Not sure if that helps. These records only go up to 1798.

Andy in Toronto