Topics

Looking for my paternal Grandfather's Birth City in Germany

Mildred Fingado-Hubbard

My Grandfather, Augustus Adolph FINGADO was born 6 December 1855 in Germany.

He immigrated thru Castle Garden in 1871-1872.

Was Evangelisch.

Augustus married Barbara SCHAAF on 16 May 1883 in Fordham, NY. by the Mayor of Fordham, Westchester, NY.  She was born in Leimersheim, Germany.

They had six sons, all born in Denver, Colorado, USA.

Believe his occupation was "Brewer"

Mike Gough

I went to the LDS site: www.familysearch.org.  You will have to create an account; they are free.  I queried Augustus Adolph fingado b. 1855 in Germany.  I got some hits including the 1900 Arapahoe County, Colorado Census.  It is a good source.

Mike

On 8/1/2020 4:12 PM, Mildred Fingado-Hubbard wrote:
My Grandfather, Augustus Adolph FINGADO was born 6 December 1855 in Germany.

He immigrated thru Castle Garden in 1871-1872.

Was Evangelisch.

Augustus married Barbara SCHAAF on 16 May 1883 in Fordham, NY. by the Mayor of Fordham, Westchester, NY.  She was born in Leimersheim, Germany.

They had six sons, all born in Denver, Colorado, USA.

Believe his occupation was "Brewer"

LtCol Michael J. Gough USAF(Ret)
mgough1449@...
(H) (601) 636-8213
(M) (601) 218-5218

Fred H Held

Mildred,

I see some of your family data have been entered into FamilySearch Family Tree by Stephanie Garner and you. There are several new documents to be attached plus other maintenance to be done (merging of two sets of Augustus' parents entered by FamilySearch). Maybe you can get some clues there.

https://www.familysearch.org/tree/person/details/KD7P-KFJ

FamilySearch Records also show a Fingado family is in the city of Lahr in Baden (Evangelische in early 1800s). Perhaps there is a distant connection.

At 04:12 PM 8/1/2020, you wrote:
My Grandfather, Augustus Adolph FINGADO was born 6 December 1855 in Germany.He immigrated thru Castle Garden in 1871-1872.Was Evangelisch.Augustus married Barbara SCHAAF on 16 May 1883 in Fordham, NY. by the Mayor of Fordham, Westchester, NY. She was born in Leimersheim, Germany.They had six sons, all born in Denver, Colorado, USA.Believe his occupation was "Brewer"Any help would be very much appreciated.    Â

The World Has a New No. 3 in COVID Deaths
http://thirdpartyoffers.netzero.net/TGL3241/5f26b1f78d79d31f67770st04vuc1
Wilford Brimley Dies at 85
http://thirdpartyoffers.netzero.net/TGL3241/5f26b1f7a837631f67770st04vuc2
'Trump-Loving Grandma' Outs Portland Protester
http://thirdpartyoffers.netzero.net/TGL3241/5f26b1f7c2bfa31f67770st04vuc3

Reinhard Hofer

Hello Sue,

as I wrote to you earlier, I would research at archion for the Fingado ancestry

Let me know, if I can help.

Kind regards,

Andreas Hofer

Mildred Fingado-Hubbard

Reinhard - I have spent a fair amount of time on archion but so far
have not come up with any leads. I will continue to use this site in
hopes that I can find his birth information.

Thank you very much - Sue