Topics

Kreis Rummelsburg online searches #Prussia

Kristin Hentschel

Hello all,
I am searching for family in Kreis Rummelsburg in the mid 1800’s. Does anyone have some online sites that might help with my search? I am particularly looking in the Versin and Reddies areas. Or am I at a point where I need to have someone go to archives somewhere?
Thank you for your help!
Kristin

lrheyn

FamilySearch has civil registrations for both Rummelsburg and Barnow. Barnow is listed in Meyers gazetteer as the civil registration office for both Reddies and Versin. The civil registrations start at 1874. They are digitized but are "locked" from viewing unless you are in a Family History Center.
You can find your nearest Family History Center by searching at this website:
https://www.familysearch.org/help/fhcenters/locations/centerlocator

Kristin Hentschel

Thank you. I was scheduled to spend a week at the Family History Library back in May, but we all know how that went! 😢. I hope to get there when things settle down again.

On Sunday, July 5, 2020, lrheyn via groups.io <LRHEYN=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
FamilySearch has civil registrations for both Rummelsburg and Barnow. Barnow is listed in Meyers gazetteer as the civil registration office for both Reddies and Versin. The civil registrations start at 1874. They are digitized but are "locked" from viewing unless you are in a Family History Center.
You can find your nearest Family History Center by searching at this website:
https://www.familysearch.org/help/fhcenters/locations/centerlocator

Mary Jane Kuntschik

I sure hope the Family History Centers will be able to open before long!  I'm just waiting!

Mary Jane
Dallas, TX