Topics

information on Germans that came from South Africa #Hamburg

Maya Roesch

Hi Everyone,

Does anyone know if there was a sensus or a historical population register.  Where can I find this information 1912(time period.)? Also can someone maybe tell me if there is any information on ships that came from South Africa back to Germany. I have found two exit entries but no entrance entries.

I know it has been a long time ago that I have emailed the last time but I am running out of ideas of where to mind information on my Great Grandfather.

I am also not sure what hashtag I can use for Germans entering Germany during that period again.

Kind regards
Maya

W David Samuelsen

#Emigration is the hashtag

David, listowner

On Wed, Aug 26, 2020 at 7:58 AM Maya Roesch <roeschmaya@...> wrote:
[...]

I am also not sure what hashtag I can use for Germans entering Germany during that period again.  (Thank you David for letting me know what the Hashtag should be as well, I did not see it in the list when I wrote the message.)

Kind regards
Maya

davidrli@...

G’day Maya

An obvious route from South Africa (as opposed to German South West Africa) to Germany in 1912 is to go via England sailing with the “Union Castle Line”.  The British inwards passengers lists 1890-1960 are on England.

I would also add that in recent weeks, Family Search has been adding a large quantity of indexed records with images to its various South African collections.

Regards

David Armstrong

Maylands

Western Australia

Does anyone know if there was a sensus or a historical population register.  Where can I find this information 1912(time period.)? Also can someone maybe tell me if there is any information on ships that came from South Africa back to Germany. I have found two exit entries but no entrance entries.

I know it has been a long time ago that I have emailed the last time but I am running out of ideas of where to mind information on my Great Grandfather.

Kind regards
Maya

Maya Roesch

Hi David,

Thank you.  I have been searching for information on my Great grandfather for so long so I will go any route right now.  Thank you for the suggestion.  I will surely look into it.