Topics

Heyde- Translation

JACK HACKER

Hello,
Thanks again to everyone for helping me understand German translations. I have looked at all of the suggested web sites and have gotten a real education about German history. It seems complicated yet is very interesting. 
Again thanks so much,
Carole Heyde-Hacker
Indiana USA

John W. Kitz <John.Kitz-gen@...>

Carole,

The following maps, which I found on the Internet, pertain to the geographic area that roughly covers what today are Belgium, Luxembourg, the Netherlands and small portions of today's France and Germany and cover the period from about 850 to 1813.

The Netherlands - approx. 850 - approx. 1380                                                                                                                                    

The Netherlands - 1384 - 1598

The Netherlands - 1598 - 1795

The Netherlands - 1795 - 1813

Given that the geographic area of today's Germany I assume similar maps over time for that area are quite a bit more complicated.

Regards, Jk.

From: main@German-genealogy-ENG.groups.io [mailto:main@German-genealogy-ENG.groups.io] On Behalf Of JACK HACKER
Sent: Tuesday, 14 July, 2020 22:59
To: german-genealogy-ENG@groups.io
Subject: [German-genealogy-ENG] Heyde- Translation

Hello,

Thanks again to everyone for helping me understand German translations. I have looked at all of the suggested web sites and have gotten a real education about German history. It seems complicated yet is very interesting. 

Again thanks so much,

Carole Heyde-Hacker

Indiana USA