Topics

Help with Death Certificate Translation

Marlene Perrucci

Looking for help translating the attached death record. I know that Hans Hengsteler died on Jan 17, and was buried on Jan 19 at 10 in the morning. I am having difficulty with the first line and the word that ends in "mann" that is inserted between the first 2 lines.

Any help is appreciated.

--
Marlene (Straub Perrucci)

Lila Garner

End of first line is zwischen 4 und 5 Uhr/between 5 and 5 o’clock. Can’t get back to the clip for first word—maybe it’s an indication of morning or evening.

On Apr 16, 2020, at 3:21 PM, Marlene Perrucci <msperrucci@...> wrote:

Looking for help translating the attached death record. I know that Hans Hengsteler died on Jan 17, and was buried on Jan 19 at 10 in the morning. I am having difficulty with the first line and the word that ends in "mann" that is inserted between the first 2 lines.

Any help is appreciated.

<Hengsteler Hans 1632 Death Record Clip.jpg>
--
Marlene (Straub Perrucci)
<Hengsteler Hans 1632 Death Record Clip.jpg>

Lila Garner

Sorry—between 4 and 5.

On Apr 16, 2020, at 3:47 PM, Lila Garner <lilagarner@...> wrote:

End of first line is zwischen 4 und 5 Uhr/between 5 and 5 o’clock. Can’t get back to the clip for first word—maybe it’s an indication of morning or evening.

On Apr 16, 2020, at 3:21 PM, Marlene Perrucci <msperrucci@...> wrote:

Looking for help translating the attached death record. I know that Hans Hengsteler died on Jan 17, and was buried on Jan 19 at 10 in the morning. I am having difficulty with the first line and the word that ends in "mann" that is inserted between the first 2 lines.

Any help is appreciated.

<Hengsteler Hans 1632 Death Record Clip.jpg>
--
Marlene (Straub Perrucci)
<Hengsteler Hans 1632 Death Record Clip.jpg>

Lila Garner

He died the 17th of January between 4 and 5 o'clock in the evening (abensds). He was 84 years 5 months and 29 days. I was looking at my phone before and got a better copy on the computer screen. Lila

Looking for help translating the attached death record. I know that Hans Hengsteler died on Jan 17, and was buried on Jan 19 at 10 in the morning. I am having difficulty with the first line and the word that ends in "mann" that is inserted between the first 2 lines.

Any help is appreciated.

--
Marlene (Straub Perrucci)

Greg Crawford

Marlene

den 17 Jan Abendts zwischen 4 und 5 uhr  Hans Hengsteler ein 84 Jahriger Mann gestorben und folgend den 19 tag morgens umb 10 Uhr vergraben

On the evening of the 17th between 4 and 5 o'clock hans an 84-year old man died and was buried the next day the 19th in the morning at 10 o'clock.

Greg

On Thu, Apr 16, 2020 at 4:21 PM Marlene Perrucci <msperrucci@...> wrote:
Looking for help translating the attached death record. I know that Hans Hengsteler died on Jan 17, and was buried on Jan 19 at 10 in the morning. I am having difficulty with the first line and the word that ends in "mann" that is inserted between the first 2 lines.

Any help is appreciated.

--
Marlene (Straub Perrucci)

Joan Rebholz