Topics

#Hannover Surnames #Hannover

Mona

Thanks for creating this group, David.

My Hannover surnames, all from near Uelzen are RIECKMANN, GROBE, WOLLE, MEYER, SCHROEDER. They all came to the US, mostly in the 1860's, and lived first in Will and Kankakee counties just south of Chicago. From there they spread out to Nebraska, Iowa, and Minnesota.

Mona Houser

teacher.mom@...

Hi Mona,

I have a Schroeder/Schroder line that came from Hannover around 1850 to Cleveland, OH. Rebecca Schroeder married Johann Heinrich BECKMAN after they both emigrated to Cleveland. Her parents were C. (Charles?) Henry Schroeder and Catherine Dreier.

I know the Beckman came from Altenwalde, so maybe my Schroeders did as well?

Anything ring a bell?