Topics

Beruf: 1773 Synodalis

Ann Thornton

Hi all,

I have a question that maybe someone can answer.  According to the Familienbuch Rieden-Volkesfeld, I have an ancestor (Johann Rausch) who is listed as having the job of "1773 Synodalis".  Does anyone know what that means?

By the way, I have the "Familienbuch Rieden-Volkesfeld" If anyone would like me to look anything up for them.

Ann Thornton

Ernst Mettlach

Ann,
Something like an assessor of a ecclesiastical court. A synodaler was also entrusted with administrative tasks as jurisprudential and executive powers were not separated like they are today.
Regards,
Ernst

Von meinem iPhone gesendet