Re: Research at Münster Archiv

Ozmulki

David,

Thanks for those links! I shall pursue my brick wall research of the Luschwitz family in what was South West Prussia (Breslau) and surrounds! My ancestor emigrated to India and was a bandmaster and director of music! He played violin in Strauss’ band! Served in the 2nd Balouchi regiment in 1869 and the Kings Own Regiment in 1871-72 in India as Bandmaster. None of the current family know much about his history in that area.

I guess In the current climate no physical research can be undertaken.

Best wishes

Kerry Edwards
Canberra, Australia

On 21 May 2020, at 8:57 pm, Steve Frank <SFrank@...> wrote:

Thank you, David.    I appreciate the new information.   This is very helpful.

In the interim since I posted this,  I have made connections with a distant cousin living in Germany who is going to the Archiv on my behalf.

My understanding is that the Archiv now has some special rules for visiting related to the Coronavirus.     Some of the Munster Archiv collection is viewable online.

Best Wishes,

Steve