Re: Looking for my paternal Grandfather's Birth City in Germany

Mike Gough

I went to the LDS site: www.familysearch.org.  You will have to create an account; they are free.  I queried Augustus Adolph fingado b. 1855 in Germany.  I got some hits including the 1900 Arapahoe County, Colorado Census.  It is a good source.

Mike

On 8/1/2020 4:12 PM, Mildred Fingado-Hubbard wrote:
My Grandfather, Augustus Adolph FINGADO was born 6 December 1855 in Germany.

He immigrated thru Castle Garden in 1871-1872.

Was Evangelisch.

Augustus married Barbara SCHAAF on 16 May 1883 in Fordham, NY. by the Mayor of Fordham, Westchester, NY.  She was born in Leimersheim, Germany.

They had six sons, all born in Denver, Colorado, USA.

Believe his occupation was "Brewer"

LtCol Michael J. Gough USAF(Ret)
mgough1449@...
(H) (601) 636-8213