Re: Claus Hinrich Schütt in Hamburg

Ann Thornton

Hi David,

There are actually a bunch of hits on Ancestry for Claus Hinrich Schütt.  I have attached a Census record and a baptism record that might help.  I tried looking for Emma's birth or baptism record but could not find anything close.

Ann

On 7/31/2020 10:25 PM, davidrli@... wrote:

G’day everyone

Unfortunately, I haven’t access to Ancestry thanks to my local LDS library closing in March because of the Wuhan virus.

However, I’ve going through some German BDM certificates that I had stored on a thumb-drive.  One of them is a 1941 Hamburg death certificate for Emma Margaretha Maria geb. Schütt who was born in 1865 in Hinschenfelde (Hamburg-Wandsbek).  The death certificate lists her parents as being

Claus Hinrich Schütt, and

Anna Catharina geb. Timm

“beide zuletzt wohnhaft in Hamburg”.

If Emma was born in 1865, then her father Claus is likely to have been born between 1820 and 1845, and I have a Claus Hinrich Schmidt born ca. 1827 according to the 1835 and 1840 census of the parish of Zarpen near Lübeck.

Could someone who has access to Ancestry please have a look and see if there is a death recorded post-1865 in Hamburg for Claus Hinrich Schütt?  I’m particularly interested in his age and parentage.

Regards

David Armstrong

Maylands

Western Australia